Friday, March 04, 2011

Shahbaz Bhatti, pray for us.


I personally think that this guy is a martyr. A lone Catholic minister in Pakistan, murdered because he dared to stand up to the blasphemous thugs of the Taliban. They are blasphemous because they invoke the name of God to commit murder. That's the true blasphemy.

In any case, it'll take steely courage and true holiness to defeat Islamism. Shabaz Batti had both. Two months ago, this is what he said:

The forces of violence, militant banned organisations, the Taliban and pro al-Qaida, they want to impose their radical philosophy in Pakistan and whoever stands against their radical philosophy, they threaten them.

When I'm leading this campaign against the sharia law, for the abolishment of [the] blasphemy law and speaking for the oppressed and marginalised persecuted Christian and other minorities, these Taliban threaten me, but I want to share that I believe in Jesus Christ, who has given his own life for us.
I know what is the meaning of [the] cross and I'm following the cross and I'm ready to die for a cause.
I'm living for my community and suffering people and I will die to defend their rights so these threats and these warnings cannot change my opinion and principles. I will prefer to die, following my principle and for the justice of my community rather to compromise on these threats.


His funeral was today. Please say a prayer for his family, and for all Christians in Pakistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment