Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Keith Olberman - thug and bully.

Welcome to my blog! I started this little guy a ways back, but never got into updating it much. I would like to start updating again with a more positive subject, but...this is certainly interesting. Here's the background. A woman is in a beauty concert. She is asked by one of the judges what she thinks of gay marriage. She replies, in essence, that "it's great that we have the freedom to choose things in this country - and my personal belief is that marriage should be between a man and a woman."

That's it. Pretty inoffensive, huh?

Well, for that comment, she gets this:



Now, I'm a conservative - something that should become immediately obvious if I do keep posting, as I intend. I also believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, as did most of Western Civilization. And I also don't really have a problem with Civil Unions, although I do with adoption by same-sex couples (more on that later, hopefully). But if someone on "my side" of the aisle were to engage in this sort of hateful, misogynistic rant against, say, Hillary Clinton, or Nancy Pelosi, I would waste no time in condemning them.

That's why what's really depressing about this subject is the comments on this video on youtube. Some of them are basically decent responses, from both the right and the left - and in case you're wondering, the only decent response is condemnation. But some - far, far too many - were belated defense, comparing the woman to a racist, and Nazi, etc.

Now, let's review what the woman said, shall we? She said that she personally believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman. If you expand this to "men and women", this is pretty much the position of everyone who ever lived on the Planet Earth. It's the position of every major religion - and of every major secular movement. It's confirmed by biology, by psychology, and most of all by common sense.

And yet, now this has become controversial. Why? The only reason I can think of is the overwhelming arrogance and selfishness of the current generation, who believe that every whim is a right, and that the past is meaningless, and most of all that if you disagree with them, you are persecuting them.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. The best comeback would have been for her to say "I stand with President Barak Obama in upholding the belief that marriage is between one man and one woman" and leave it at that.

    I couldn't even finish watching the video- it was so stupid and inane

    ReplyDelete