Monday, August 29, 2011

Sweet Company



It's been a while since I posted any song videos (at least it seems a while to me) so I recorded this over my lunch break today. I personally like this song but I'm not sure if I have the pipes for it... you be the judge. 

"Sweet Company" dates back from 2001, when I was living in the projects in Steubenville, just graduated college, and covering high school sports for the the Steubenville Herald-Star. Crazy, optimistic and unsure time in my life - engendered a LOT of songs.  This song especially was hopeful - that strange, trembling, unsure hope that might leap up into happiness, or (more likely) fall down into despair. Which is a melodramitic way of saying that this song was quickly followed by a sad or angry song. Ah, youth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment